Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Past.. and the Future


The Past...
Yesterday my sister Myrna and I took a day trip to Howard, South Dakota. We were pleased to find a pretty little place there in the middle of the prairie. My sister's passion is geneology, and her
research has uncovered the location of a good number of our ancestors. They have gone on now, but it was still nice to visit the little town where they once lived and to see their final resting places. Maybe someday we will meet them face to face!


We have had a lot of rain in the
region, and the ditches were
full of sunflowers - one of my
favorites!


We drove back to Sioux Falls then, and met my youngest sister, Linda and Aubree, her sweet little granddaughter, for a little shopping, and catching up over a snack at Perkins.




It was kind of a long, busy day, but we surely enjoyed it!


The Future...
Friday was my last day at the dairy, and tomorrow I start a new job in the graphics department of a newpaper in a nearby city. I am so excited, and thankful for this new opportunity! I will miss the good people I worked with, and the beauty of the countryside, but it is time to move on. There will be much to learn, and a totally new schedule to get used to, but I know that God, who gives blessings, also extends His grace.