Sunday, July 8, 2007

BLOOMS IN THE DESERT


For God's eyes...
Years ago, I lived in an isolated, country place. I loved how peaceful and secluded it was! On weekends I would get up early and put on some sturdy boots and go out exploring. I never knew what I would find, but there was sure to be wildflowers everywhere. I remember feeling as if I were the only person in the world! Certainly few people had seen these secret places. Yet God had taken the time to put flowers and trees and butterflies there, even if no one ever saw them!
I read that Hudson Taylor once said that God made flowers to bloom unseen in the desert. His point was that God always does His best. If He always does, shouldn't we? Yes, life is humdrum, and one tires of the same old thing. It would be easier to take a few "shortcuts." Life is hectic, and it would be easier to leave some things undone. Who will ever notice? God sees even when no one else does. Shouldn't that make a difference?
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men...it is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23,24
photo: a sunflower in a friend's garden