Tuesday, February 26, 2008


Almighty God-
In Your great wisdom, You have placed me here in this time and place. So let me step out, trusting You. With my limited vision, I need Your grace to grasp those things that are not seen. I have no power of my own, but You have all power. Do the work in me that You desire to have done. I know not where You would have me go -please be my companion on the way.

Give me Your strength to face what comes my way today. Help me to be diligent in Your word, as You diligently bless my work. When You lead me to a dark place, don't let go around it. Don't allow me to be lazy when I see a chance to serve another. Let me rise above temptation, and help me to remember the lessons of yesterday.

Timeless God, always with the faithful of ages past, thank You for the memory of those gone before. Thank You for the gift their example.

Thank You too, for the apostles, prophets, and martyrs, and most of all for Jesus, Your dear Son, in whose name I pray, Amen.


Each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
and through each night I sing his songs,
praying to God who gives me life. Psalm 42:8


Paraphrase of a prayer by John Baillie in "A Diary of Private Prayer"